Podcast: Square, Betterment at 1 Billion & ICOs, Lending Ecosystem
You may also like
Alternative Lending Goes Mainstream
Is Veteran-Owned Entrepreneurship Headed Toward Extinction?
Thursday December 5 2019, Weekly News Digest
Friday November 29 2019, Weekly News Digest
Account Takeover: Risk Mitigation Techniques for Online Lenders
About the author
George sold and exited his most successful company, Boston Technologies (BT) group, in 2014. BT was a technology, market maker, high-frequency trading and inter-broker broker-dealer in the FX Spot, precious metals and CFDs space company. George was the Founder and CEO and he boot-strapped from $0 to a $20+ million in revenue without any equity investment. BT has been #1 fastest growing company in Boston in 2011 according to the Boston Business Journal and the only company being in top 10 fastest in 2012-13 as it was #5 in 2012. BT has been on the Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US for 4 years in a row ( #143, #373, #897 and #1270). After the company sale in July 2014 until February 2015 George was Head-of-Strategy for Currency Mountain ( www.currencymountain.com ), a USD 100 million+ holding company focused on retail and medium institutional currencies, precious metals, stocks, fixed income and commodities businesses.
• Over the last 10 years, George founded 10 companies in online lending, craft beer brewery, exotic sports car rental space, hedge funds, peer-reviewed scientific journal ( Journal of Cellular and Molecular medicine…) and more. George advised 30+ early stage start-ups in different fields. George was also a mentor at MIT’s Venture Mentoring Services and Techstar Fintech in NY.
• Previously George obtained 3 Master's Degrees: a Master's of Science from MIT working on 3D printing, a Master’s in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Supelec, France and a Master's in Nanosciences from Paris XI University. Previously he worked as a visiting scientist at MIT in Bio-engineering for 2 years. George had 3 undergrad majors: Maths, Physics and Chemistry. His scientific career led to about 10 publications and patents.
• On the business side, Boston Business Journal has named me in the top 40 under 40 in 2012 in recognition of his business achievements.
• George is originally from Romania and grew up in Paris, France.
"Your daily letter is great!" , Ram , Founder and CEO, PeerIQ
"Hi George - just want to tell you that you are doing a great work with Lending Times;-) Brgds, Kasper" , Kasper, Partner and Co-founder at Dansk Faktura Børs A/S
"I've been following your newsletter for some time now and have been very impressed with the content." Charlie,Co-Founder | Bolstr
"Hey George, I must say I really enjoy your site. It has inspired me to do some changes at our platform and we are the biggest consumer lender in Sweden." , Ludwig, CEO @ Savelend Sweden AB
"Your daily email is very useful. It gives quick update on what's going in the market. Thank you very much for all that info." Yann Murciano, Head of Base Metals Trading at Morgan Stanley
- George Raymond on What is An Auto Equity Loan And How Do You Get One?
- Ashely on Lending Club’s fantastic delinquency, profit and origination numbers.
- Juana on Wednesday January 31 2018, Daily News Digest
- Chris on Thursday November 1 2018, Daily News Digest
- james on Thursday December 7 2017, Daily News Digest